Name of the Project: Human Rights in Development.
Supported by: Bandhu Social Welfare Society (BSWS)
Implemented by: Bangladesh NGOs Network for Radio and Communication (BNNRC). Through 15 Community Radio Stations (CRS).
(involved CR Stations are: Radio Padma, Radio Nalta, Lokobetar, Radio Pollikontho, Radio Sagar Giri, Radio Mahananda, Radio Mukti, Radio Chilmari, Radio Jhenuk, Radio Sundarban, Radio Naf, Radio Bikrampur, Borendro Radio, Radio Sagardwip, Radio Sarabela, total 15 CR Station).
Project duration: February 2017
Goal: To sensitized among the the stakeholders regarding human rights of gender diver’s population.
- To increase awareness and knowledge among the gender diverse populations about their human rights
- To improve the environment for the gender diverse population with access to public services through sensitizing policy makers & stakeholders
- To enhance the capacity of relevant stakeholders to reduce harassment, stigma, discrimination and human rights violations based on sexual orientation and gender identity
- To increase the empowerment of the gender diverse population through capacity building by addressing their human rights issues.
Type of Radio Program:
- Magazine Program: Involved CR Stations are: Radio Pollikontho, Radio Sagar Giri and Radio Bikrampur.
- Public Service announcement (PSA): Mentioned 15 CR Stations.
Radio program Name is: Manush Manusher Janno.